Friday, January 1, 2010

The Beginning

Hi world!!!! I am back!!!!!!

Sorry it took me so long to start. I had to go into hiding for a little while, the drones didn't take too well to my first post. But poo to you Drone buggies, I am back, and will stay back, until every home in the world is saved from scary cooks in the kitchen!!!!

Today we are starting with something simple, something that will help you with almost any recipe!!!! Well, unless that recipe was written in a different language. I failed most of my Human Language courses. But anyways, Here are liquid measurement conversions. They should help a bit.

Abbreviations I will be using:
t = teaspoon
T = Tablespoon
C = Cup
Pnt. = Pint
Qt. = Quart
Gal. = Gallon
fl. oz. = fluid ounces
lb. or lbs. = pounds

Liquid Measurement Conversions

3t = 1T 1T = 1/2 fl. oz.
4T = 1/4 C 1/4 C = 2 fl. oz.
(4) 1/4 C = 1 C 1 C = 8 fl. oz.
2 C = 1 Pnt. 1 Pnt. = 16 fl. oz. = 1 lb.
2 Pnt. = 1 Qt. 1 Qt. = 32 fl. oz. = 2 lbs.
4 Qt. = 1 Gal. 1 Gal. = 128 fl. oz. = 8 lbs

One more thing that will help you around the kitchen. "A pint is a pound the world around in liquid, eggs, and oil." That is, 16 fl. oz. of any liquid ingredient, eggs, or oils, will always be one pound of that ingredient, as well as one pint of that ingredient. When I found that out, I had one of those moments. Some where between a light bulb and "blowing of the mind." I had a click.

Oh before I forget. There are two different types of measuring cups. Measuring cups for dry ingredients and those for wet ones. Tablespoons and teaspoons work for both wet and dry but measuring cups are a whole different story!!! Dry measuring cups are those little plastic or metal ones that have separate 1/4 cup, 1/2 cup, 1/3 cup and 1 cup measuring cups. Measuring cups for wet ingredients are those little glass things with the cool handle that have live lines on the side and measure cups and fluid ounces. You can measure wet ingredients in the dry cups, though I really wouldn't suggest it, but never ever ever measure dry ingredients in the wet measuring glass.

Oh gosh, Sally Jankins is trying to peal potatoes again. Got to run!!!

The Kitchen Sprite

No comments:

Post a Comment